Let's answer some questions...
We recently conducted an informal survey asking people who were interested in working from home what their biggest challenge was in actually getting started. Here's a quick list of many of the responses:
Not knowing what I'd be good at doing
Finding a company who will let me use my skills
Finding a company to work for that is not a scam
Having dependable income
Needing to find a position that offers health insurance
Not knowing how to move forward
Needing to obtain new skills
There were many, many more comments, but what was gathered from the survey was that people have different needs, abilities and requirements when it comes to working from home.
So, we've developed a short quiz to help you decide if doing voice overs would be a good fit for you. Answer these questions, and then see how you fit into the work from home spectrum. Please answer YES or NO to each question and keep track of your answers.
11 Questions to see if you're ready to work from home
1. DO YOU WANT TO WORK FROM HOME?
2. WOULD EITHER PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME WORK FOR YOU?
3 .ARE YOU COMFORTABLE WITH LESS PREDICTABLE PAYCHECKS THAN A REGULAR CORPORATE JOB?
4. DO YOU WANT OR NEED FLEXIBILITY IN YOUR DAY?
5. DO YOU PREFER TO HAVE MORE OF A CAREER THAN JUST A JOB?
6. ARE YOUR NEEDS FOR HEALTH INSURANCE COVERED ELSEWHERE?
7. ARE YOU COMFORTABLE LEARNING A NEW SKILL SET?
8. CAN YOU AFFORD TO PAY A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR SOME TRAINING AND NEW EQUIPMENT THAT WILL HELP YOU GET YOUR BUSINESS UP AND RUNNING QUICKLY?
9 . WOULD YOU BE COMFORTABLE OWNING YOUR OWN BUSINESS?
10. DO YOU HAVE AN ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT?
11. DO YOU FEEL EXCITED ABOUT WORKING FROM HOME?
Were MOST of your answers YES? If so, you are a GREAT candidate to work from home doing voice overs. If you answered any questions as NO, spend some time thinking about those issues. Are they insurmountable? Or could you work around them?
If you can find a way to work through those issues, then let's get going!
Answering more questions...
This previously recorded webinar is only about 12 minutes long and should answer many of your questions about what it's like to work from home doing voice overs and more about the course that could teach you virtually everything you need to know to get your business up and running.